The British Council in Kosovo is seeking four Coding Club Support Consultants to be engaged on the 21st Century Schools Programme. The consultants will be based in Kosovo with no specific place/location required.
Purpose of the engagement:
To fully establish, set up and support Coding Clubs in approx. 600 schools which participated in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th programme cycles from all regions in Kosovo.
Scope of work:
- To initiate and support setting up and fully activating Coding Clubs in approx. 600 schools from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th programme cycles based on the British Council guide: Coding Club Guide on How to Establish Coding Clubs
- To help each of 600 schools appoint 1 Coding Club leader/teacher per school
- To provide support to 600 schools to mobilise Coding Club members-students of age 10-15 (with preferable ratio of boys and girls 50%:50%) who will take on active participation in Clubs and contribute to project work by using micro:bit
- To use every opportunity to encourage girl’s active involvement in coding clubs
- To assist 600 Coding Club leaders/teachers to register their school Coding Club on Code Club World platform
- To help enrol all 600 Coding Club leaders/teachers on free online course: Prepare to Run a Code Club course on Future Learn Platform (https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/code-club), to monitor and report their course progress to the British Council.
- To support each school Coding Club in design and set up of a Code Club project involving a micro:bit and using resources from Raspberry Pi Foundation website.
- To effectively monitor each school and process of setting up Coding Clubs, to establish trust and understanding with the school administration and Coding Club leader/teacher and their Club members
- To conduct desk research on Coding Clubs in schools, gather all necessary data and report to British Council, supported by British Council programme team
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the state education sector as IT teacher/professor/advisor or similar engagement in IT field
- Good knowledge and understanding of the primary school education system in Kosovo.
- Proven experience in teaching coding to children and initiating/participating in Coding/IT school clubs-will be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge and skills of working or designing a project with BBC micro:bit will be considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English (level C1), both written and spoken.
- Fluency in Albanian language